The toddler who overdosed on opiates on Thursday has died after several days in the hospital.
Akron police administered NARCAN to the 19-month-old on June 1, after an older sibling called 911. The 9-year-old told the 911 dispatcher the baby was not breathing.
An initial dose of NARCAN was ineffective, and the baby was rushed to Akron Children’s Hospital, where a second dose revived the child.
In the 911 call, you can hear the 9-year-old pleading for help. The dispatcher asks for the mother and then tries to talk her through CPR.
CLICK HERE to read story
LOCAL NEWS: Akron Toddler Who Overdosed On Opiates Dies was originally published on praisecleveland.com