Aretha Franklin, a music legend, died Thursday at the age of 76. She was the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
WKYC: The Rock Hall tweeted the following musical tribute shortly after news of her death: “Lady Soul. The first woman inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Aretha Franklin was an artist of passion, sophistication and command, whose recordings remain anthems that defined soul music. Long live the Queen.”
She was inducted in 1987 alongside other rock legends including B.B. King, Ahmet Ertegun, Marvin Gaye and Smokey Robinson.
- Donnie Simpson Takes On Weekends On 93.1 WZAK!
- Watch Matt N Matt LIVE at Halftime + Post Game During Cleveland Game Days!
- WIN: Rate Our Music For A Chance To Win An Amazon Echo Dot!
- The Bijou Star Files: Melania Trump’s ‘No Tea For You’ Tour
- Dr Dre Is Out The ICU, Home And Working
- Music Producer and Convicted Murderer Phil Spector Dead
- Queen Latifah’s ‘The Equalizer’ Official Trailer Has Dropped #FIRE [VIDEO]
- Leah J Of Black Girls Do Talks The Importance A Powerful Clubhouse Image
- Did You Know? US Gov’t Found Guilty In Conspiracy To Assassinate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Martin Luther King’s Most Iconic Speeches Of All Time
- Remembering Dr. King The Alpha Man
- Duke Bootee Co-Writer of “The Message” Dead at 69
- Cardi B Tapped To Star In Paramount Comedy ‘Assisted Living’