Aretha Franklin, a music legend, died Thursday at the age of 76. She was the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
WKYC: The Rock Hall tweeted the following musical tribute shortly after news of her death: “Lady Soul. The first woman inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Aretha Franklin was an artist of passion, sophistication and command, whose recordings remain anthems that defined soul music. Long live the Queen.”
She was inducted in 1987 alongside other rock legends including B.B. King, Ahmet Ertegun, Marvin Gaye and Smokey Robinson.
- LOCAL NEWS: 87-Year-Old War Veteran in Akron Finally Gets High School Diploma
- Man Gets Fired From a Wendy’s in Florida For Using The Kitchen Sink For a Bath!
- Fofty Jr.?: 50 Cent’s Son Marquise Jackson Says Dad Owes Him Money
- Isaiah Rider Threatened To Pull Out The Gat At A Youth Basketball Tourney, Allegedly
- Puma Announces Nipsey Hussle Collaboration
- Dionne Warwick Gives Her Thoughts on Beyonce That Has The Beyhive Upset!!!
- Dionne Warwick Finds the Idea of a Whitney Houston Hologram Tour ‘Stupid!’
- The Secure The Bag Text To Win Sweepstakes
- LOCAL NEWS: Woman Plans to Go Through Extreme Lengths to Prevent Tree Removal
- LOCAL NEWS: Parma to Unveil Its ‘Script Parma’ Sign on Saturday