Aretha Franklin, a music legend, died Thursday at the age of 76. She was the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
WKYC: The Rock Hall tweeted the following musical tribute shortly after news of her death: “Lady Soul. The first woman inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Aretha Franklin was an artist of passion, sophistication and command, whose recordings remain anthems that defined soul music. Long live the Queen.”
She was inducted in 1987 alongside other rock legends including B.B. King, Ahmet Ertegun, Marvin Gaye and Smokey Robinson.
- LOCAL NEWS: There Could Be Hope For the General Motors Plant in Lordstown
- Female Maryland High School Students Finding Themselves Being Ranked
- ‘I’m Not About To Be The Next Trayvon Martin’: Miami Police Brutality Victim From Viral Video Demands Justice
- Latest Online Viral Challenge: Searching ‘Florida Man’ Plus Your Birthday
- Jazzy Report: Scientists Are Growing Brains
- DL’s Top 10 Things Men Only Say When They’re Drunk
- Brothers Charged After Shooting Pregnant Woman Standing At Bus Stop
- Hughley TV: Cedric The Entertainer Is Serious About His Cigars [VIDEO]
- Rasheeda Stepped Out On Kirk, Spice Bleaches Her Skin, Scrapp + Moniece… & More Mess In #LHHATL Super Trailer
- Man Arrested Twice In 3 Days On Animal Cruelty Charges