LAKEWOOD, Ohio – When it comes to Monster Mashing, shuffling around to “Thriller,” and doing the “Time Warp” again, and again, and again – one Ohio city is disembodied heads and shoulders above the rest in the country.
According to The New York Times and data from music streaming service Spotify, Lakewood, Ohio listens to more Halloween music than any other city in America. Other Ohio cities that made the list included West Chester and Loveland.
But which songs scared up the most plays on these themed playlists? According to Spotify data, over the past three Halloweens, the most-played songs included:
1. “Thriller,” by Michael Jackson
2. “Monster Mash,” by Bobby “Boris” Pickett
3. “Ghostbusters,” by Ray Parker, Jr.
4. “(Don’t Fear) the Reaper,” by Blue Öyster Cult
5. “Highway to Hell,” by AC/DC
6. “This Is Halloween,” by the Citizens of Halloween
7. “Werewolves of London,” by Warren Zevon
8. “Somebody’s Watching Me,” by Rockwell
9. “A Nightmare on My Street,” by D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
10. “Black Magic Woman,” by Santana
READ MORE: News5Cleveland.com
Article Courtesy of WEWS News 5 Cleveland
First and Second Picture Courtesy of WENN