Columbus Police Chief Officer Quinlan issued a public statement on Christmas Eve announcing that charges will be filed against Officer Adam Coy, the Columbus officer who fatally shot Andre’ Hill on Tuesday. Chiefs also recommending that Officer Coy be terminated.
In his statement, Chief Quinlan said, “Today is Christmas Eve. A time when we should be gathering with those we love. The family of Andre Hill has nothing to celebrate this holiday. Someone very important won’t be with them this holiday, or any other. A Columbus Police Officer is responsible for that. And that breaks my heart. This is why today I am announcing action to terminate Officer Adam Coy.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Two charges alleging critical misconduct have been filed against Officer Coy and a hearing will be held before the director of Public Safety Ned Pettus Jr. on Monday. The decision will be announced after.
Andre Hill is the second black man to die after being shot by a Columbus Police Officer in the month of December. Officer Coy was responding to a noise complaint when he encountered Hill in a garage and shot him. Hill was unarmed.
Listen to his official statement below:
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Toni Braxton Sets Twitter ON FIRE With Semi-Nude Photos
- The Bijou Star Files: Nicki Minaj Drops “Beam Me Up Scott” But She Didn’t
- Model Monday: Myori Granger Knows All Money Isn’t Good Money
- VIDEO: Joe Budden Named In Graphic Sexual Harassment Allegation By Ex-Employee
- Watch: David Oyelowo Gives BAW An Exclusive Breakdown Of His Directorial Debut With ‘The Water Man’
- Come Thru Moneybagg Joe: Cash Payments To Families Start July 15
- 4 Moments We Loved From The Urban One Honors
- The Game Threatens To Beat Up Jake Paul In LA
- CVS Employee Arrested After Cops Found Fraudulent COVID Vaccination Cards
- J. Cole’s Professional Basketball Debut Is In The Books
Columbus Police Chief “Officer Coy Must Be Terminated” Charges Filled was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com