They partied like it was 1999 — the audience and the musicians — at a Prince tribute concert at Carnegie Hall.
More than 20 performers including Elvis Costello, The Roots and the Waterboys paid tribute to the pop icon in a two-hour-plus concert Thursday night. They all joined together onstage to close the show with “1999.”
Singer D’Angelo took the lead while putting his arm around Bettye LaVette, Chris Rock and Costello clapped hands side-by-side, and comedians-actresses-singers Maya Rudolph and Sandra Bernhard danced in a silly manner — all while the crowd cheered on. source
- Terrence Howard (‘Dead Man Down’) On Why He’s Good At Being Bad: [VIDEO]
- Tamar Braxton Signs With A New Label
- Mike Epps Live – Register to Win [Contest]
- Tom Joyner News: Justin Bieber Faints at Concert!
- Starting University Of Akron Point Guard Having 5 Pounds Of Marijuana!
- Tom Joyner News: Man Who Sang Rob Base Melody ‘Joy and Pain’ Found Dead in South Carolina!
- Tom Joyner News: D’Angelo & More Perform at Prince Tribute!
- The Sexiest Thing You Can Eat On A Date
- Things Men Really Want in a Woman
- Tips for Being the Best Wedding Guest Ever…