Source from http://www.newsnet5.com
BARBERTON, Ohio – Police said a former employee of a Barberton Walgreens shot himself inside the store on Thursday night after threatening his manager and former co-workers.
Barberton police responded to the Walgreens at 900 Wooster Road North just before 7 p.m. Thursday night for multiple 911 calls stating that a man was in the store with a gun.
Barberton police said that Jace Cleveland, 28, of Barberton was a former employee of the Walgreens. Police said Cleveland returned to his former place of employment and threatened his former co-workers and numerous customers who were in the store at the time.
When officers arrived on scene, they encountered Cleveland as he attempted to leave the store with the handgun. Officers said that as they began to approach Cleveland, he ran into the back of the store, then shot and killed himself.
A witness told NewsChannel5 there were about 25 to 30 customers in the store at the time. Once the customers saw that the man had a gun, they began to duck and dart in all directions, many of them went to hide in the photo center.
Police said no customers or employees were injured. Representatives from Victims Assistance Advocates assisted the Barberton Police Department on the scene in the aftermath of the shooting.
The incident is under investigation by the Summit County Coroner and the Barberton Police Department.
Most Popular Articles
- [VIDEO]Kevin Harts Wife Says She Want Some New……..
- TEENA MARIE MEMORIAL SERVICE [PHOTOS]
- Wendy Williams: Who Knew She Had 26 Year Old Body!
- 90 Girls Pregnant at Memphis Middle/High School
- LeBron James Caught Creeping With Ciara
- Monica and Shannon Brown Are Married
- SMH: 14-Year-Old Boy Gets Gun And Kills Whole Family!
- NeNe Leakes: Is She Leaving ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta?’
- Ludacris & Girlfriend At “No Strings Attached” Premiere [PHOTOS]