21 phrases to use to help you FIGHT RIGHT with your sweetheart
Almost all couples fight; the secret is to fight right.
I’ve posted before about what NOT to say during a fight. Here are some phrases that will actually help.
When the Big Man and I are arguing, I find that the single best technique to apply is HUMOR. If one of us can laugh and joke around, the crabby mood lifts instantly. But during an argument, it can be hard to see the funny side of things.
Failing that, here are twenty-one phrases that help turn down the heat of anger:
Please try to understand my point of view.
Wait, can I take that back?
You don’t have to solve this—it helps me just to talk to you.
This is important to me. Please listen.
I overreacted, I’m sorry.
I see you’re in a tough position.
I can see my part in this.
I hadn’t thought of it that way before.
I could be wrong.
Let’s agree to disagree on that.
This isn’t just your problem, it’s our problem.
I’m feeling unappreciated.
We’re getting off the subject.
You’ve convinced me.
Please keep talking to me.
I realize it’s not your fault.
That came out all wrong.
I see how I contributed to the problem.
What are we really fighting about?
How can I make things better?
I love you.
I actually get tears in my eyes when I read this list. Such is the uplifting power of fighting right.
- Naked Pics Of Keyshia Cole Hit Internet
- [Baby Bump Pics] LeBron and Savannah Expecting Third Child
- Girls Night Out with Karen Vaughn and Kandi of RHOA
- Beyonce Poses In Blackface For French Magazine: Art Or Idiotic? [VIDEO]
- Beyonce & Jay Z Courtside At NBA All-Star Game [PHOTOS]
- How She Lost Her Marriage, Her Home, Her Marriage, Her Fortune…Iylana Part 2 On Oprah
- 21 phrases to use to help you FIGHT RIGHT with your sweetheart
- Eric Benet Booted From Grammy Party By Prince
- Side Piece Politics: The Rules Of Being “The Other Man/Woman”
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Sex