AL GREEN has given BARACK OBAMA his seal of approval after the President belted out a brief rendition of his soul classic LET’S STAY TOGETHER at a New York City fundraiser on Thursday (19Jan12).
Obama wowed guests with an impromptu performance at the Apollo Theater in Harlem and video footage of the event has since gone viral.
After singing the track’s opening line, the politician told the crowd his aides had doubted he would burst into song at the gala, saying, “Those guys didn’t think I would do it! I told you I was gonna do it!”
Now music veteran Green has spoken of his pride after hearing the president crooning his tune, telling TMZ.com Obama was “terrific”.
He adds, “He nailed it. I was thrilled that the President even mentioned my name, and if the President can get the economy going again and get everything going that he wants to, then we’ll all be together.”
Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com
Most Popular Articles
- Shocker! (Sike): Antwaun Cook Has Been Cheating on, Baby Momma, Fantasia
- Signs You Need to Let The Relationshop Go
- Shocking! Baby Dies After Mom Put Blow Dryer in Crib to Keep Her Warm
- T.O. Is Broke And He Has No Friends
- Beyonce’s First Post-Baby Interview!
- Just Say No! Rihanna Gets High Off Kush! [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING NEWS: Legendary Singer Etta James Dies at 73
- You Want Fries With That??? Watch a Rat Run Around McDonald’s! [VIDEO]
- Spirituality drew Keyshia Cole to hubby
- President Obama Sings And Gets Remixed By Dj HazMatt