A 17-year-old boy was charged with three juvenile counts of aggravated murder on Thursday for the shooting that left three people dead and two more wounded at an Ohio high school earlier this week.
Geauga County prosecutor David Joyce announced the charges against Thomas “T.J.” Lane, the accused Chardon High School shooter. Lane allegedly opened fire with a stolen semi-automatic pistol at Chardon High school as students gathered in the cafeteria early Monday morning, MSNBC reported.
Lane is also charged with two counts of attempted aggravated murder and one felony count of assault, according to CBS News.
Prosecutors have already stated that they will attempt to try the boy as an adult, which could result in a life sentence if Lane is found guilty. If Lane is convicted of the juvenile counts, he will face only a few years of detention, the Associated Press reported.
Most Popular Articles
- LOCAL NEWS: Chardon Supporters Plan to Block Westboro Baptist Protesters
- Regina King & Malcolm-Jamal Warner Out For DINNER DATE!
- Mariah Carey-Cannon And Bey-Bey Carter Are Rumored To Be In The Studio Recording A Duet!
- SHOCKING! Dad Beats 5-Year-Old to Death for Wetting Her Pants!
- Funeral Home Knows Who Took Houston’s Photo
- You’ll Never Guess Who Toni Braxton Is Dating!
- WOW! 92 Year Old Man Murders 90 Year Old Wife!
- Mary J. Blige On ‘The View’ Talks Whitney Houston & Crack
- Beyonce Spotted Breastfeeding Little Blue Ivy Carter!
- BOBBY BROWN’S SISTER GOES H.A.M ON WHITNEY’S FAMILY