Fox News’ Sean Hannity addressed his private conversation with Trayvon Martin killer George Zimmerman on his Tuesday show.
Hannity’s talk with Zimmerman was revealed when Zimmerman’s now-former lawyers gave a news conference on Tuesday, announcing that they would no longer be representing him.
“We learned that he had contacted Sean Hannity of Fox News directly, not through us, and we believe, I can’t confirm this, we believe that he spoke directly with Sean, off the record, and he’s not even willing to tell us what our client told him,” attorney Hal Uhrig said.
Hannity spoke about the issue on his show. “I want to set the record straight,” he said. “For a few weeks we have been pursuing an interview with Mr. Zimmerman to give him a chance to tell his side of the story. Now yesterday I was contacted by an individual that we in fact believe was George Zimmerman. He reached out to me, we spoke on the phone about his case, and I agreed not to report on the contents of that conversation. That’s it.”
More surprising still is that Hannity had already said, on both his radio and television shows on Monday, that he had spoken to Zimmerman. In both instances, he made the revelation as a quick aside, and no media picked up on it.
Article Courtesy of The Huffington Post