CLEVELAND – Cleveland Browns fans say they don’t mind the new security wands at the stadium.
“Better safe then sorry,” one fan said.
Friday night was the first time the wands were used at Cleveland Browns stadium. They are part of enhanced security measures at NFL stadiums around the country.
Vice President of Security Carl Meyer said the wands are a lot quicker than pat downs.
“It’s gender neutral so we don’t have to worry about separating our fans from men and women,” he said.
But fans entering the stadium Friday said they didn’t care how long the delay would be.
“If it takes a little longer to get into the game for us to be protected, I don’t have a problem,” one man said.
Friday’s game was the first home game of the preseason and fans attending had high hopes for the year. However, one lifelong Browns fan put it this way, “Any season that the Browns have a team is a great season.”
Read more: newsnet5
Like WZAK on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities:
- Tom Joyner News: Stronger Than Ever!
- Tom Joyner News: Do Relaxers Cause Fibroids?
- Access Cleveland Podcast: Admiral Gregory Nosal Discusses Navy Week in Cleveland
- Access Cleveland Podcast: Brigadier General John C. Harris Jr. of The Ohio Army National Guard
- Say What???? HBCU Bans Cornrows & Dreadlocks!