Conservative radio prognosticator Rush Limbaugh used his nationally syndicated show to try and tie Dzhakar Tsarnaev, the captured suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings last week, to murdered teenager Trayvon Martin. WTF!
Last March, weeks after 17-year-old Martin was shot and killed, Limbaugh and the rest of the conservative echo chamber spent a considerable amount of time attacking Martin’s character and pushing back against a widely circulated photograph of the teen, claiming that the media was trying to gin up sympathy for the murdered boy.
On Tuesday, Limbaugh compared the media’s portrayal of Trayvon to the treatment of the captured Tsarnaev, citing the media’s use of slightly outdated photographs in both instances: Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh called out a variety of media outlets on Tuesday for trying to [do] “to Dzhokhar [Tsarnaev] what they did to Trayvon Martin.” He said that showing images of Tsarnaev at 14-years-old is an effort to humanize him and frame him as a “normal” or “mixed-up kid,” rather than an accused murder[er] and terrorist.
‘The news media are doing to Dzhokhar what they did to Trayvon Martin,” Limbaugh observed. “They’re regularly showing a photo of Dzhokhar that was taken when he was about 14. Soft, angelic, nice little boy. Harmless. Cute. Big, loveable eyes.” “Not at all what he looks like today,” Limbaugh added. “The way, when we’re shown Osama bin Laden, it’s in his shepherd pose with his walking stick, walking through the mountains or whatever.”
The comparison is also deeply offensive for Trayvon Martin and his family. Martin was a victim of gun violence in a state that remains lenient towards gun owners who turn their weapons on other Floridians.
Like WZAK on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
- Tamar Braxton Talks Pregancy
- Tom Joyner News: Wendy Williams Tells Bravo Give Phaedra Parks the Boot!
- Tom Joyner News: This Is Sick, Michigan Man Gets 15 Years for Repeatedly Sexually Assaulting his Dogs!
- Tom Joyner News: Lauryn Hill Signs a Five-Song, $1 Million Deal with Sony to Avoid Prison!
- Ways to Flirt with Your Husband
Trayvon Martin Vigil
1. Trayvon Martin Vigil1 of 8
2. Trayvon Martin Vigil2 of 8
3. Trayvon Martin Vigil3 of 8
4. Trayvon Martin Vigil4 of 8
5. Trayvon Martin Vigil5 of 8
6. Trayvon Martin Vigil6 of 8
7. Trayvon Martin Vigil7 of 8
8. Trayvon Martin Vigil8 of 8
REALLY? Rush Limbaugh compares Boston Bombing suspect to Trayvon Martin was originally published on tlcnaptown.com