The study, which surveyed 17,607 unmarried, heterosexual men and women using a questionnaire posted on NBCNews.com, found:
- 84% of men and 58% of women said that men paid for most dating expenses.
- 39% of women hoped men would not ask them to contribute.
- 44% of women were annoyed when men “expected” women to pay.
- 44% of men said they would stop seeing women who never pay for dates.
- 64% of men believed women should pick up from time to time, though 76% said they felt “guilty” saying so.
- 4 in 10 men and women said that dating expenses were usually shared within the first month, and nearly three-fourths (74%) of men and 83% of women said they’re shared by the sixth-month mark.
Also On 93.1 WZAK: