Vicki Dansby, Co-Founder and EVP of Marketing, Projects & Events, of Imagine That … Entertainment & Event Management is a native of Cleveland, Ohio.
As a graduate of the Institute of Computer Management and the University of Mannheim, she spent the first 6 years of her career serving the United States Army and working with the Department of Defense in Mannheim, West Germany and Hinesville, Georgia. When Dansby returned to Cleveland, she dedicated her career to the Education Industry with various educational institutions in management capacities.
While channeling her gift of creativity, she joined the Sales and Marketing team of WJW Fox 8. Her major responsibilities included developing and maintaining sales monitoring systems, designing and developing marketing and promotional campaigns & tools, political airtime sales and providing market research.
Dansby was heavily recruited by the NFL Cleveland Browns Trust to join them as one of their original six “marketing team members.” Her responsibilities included serving as a team member in developing and executing a strategic marketing and season ticket sales plan, representing the Browns at NFL Marketing Retreats, project management, overseeing internal control, administering a ll phases of human resources, managing alumni relations, developing and preserving relationships with local, regional, and national NFL Alumni aligned groups, developing, coordinating and executing Browns and community events/promotions that targeted Browns alumni, youth and minorities.
As Co-Founder and EVP of Marketing, Projects & Events of Imagine That…Her focus is to assist her clients in reaching their target market by creating and executing targeted marketing, PR and fundraising campaigns, managing special projects, conceiving, coordinating and executing events to meet her clients’ specific needs as well as providing entertainment and celebrities to enhance corporate, fundraising or private events. Major projects have including Spring Football League “Inaugural Festival” (produced family football themed festivals and 8 concerts with 24 acts in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston & San Antonio), “Here We Go Again” music video produced for NFL Cleveland Browns, United Way/Harvest for Hunger Market Under Glass, United Black Fund of Greater Cleveland’s “Celebrity Soul Food Cook-Off” and multiple Black Tie Galas such as the Honorary Roast & Toast for Earvin “Magic” Johnson.
In addition to project/event management, Dansby and her partner Duane Moody of Imagine that Los Angeles, has also consulted with and provided public relationships for such celebrities as the late former President of South Africa Nelson Mandela, former Heavyweight Champions of the World the late Ken Norton, Sr. & Mike Weaver, Grammy winning songwriter the late Norman Whitfield, The Four Tops, Bobby Womack, the late Gerald Levert and the legendary Jim Brown.
Some of her professional distinguishes and affiliations have included:
- Goodwill Ambassador – Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund
- Northern Ohio Live Magazine 500 Most Influential Women in Northeastern Ohio
- Radio-One and WKYC-TV NBC Sisters of Excellence Award
- Kaleidoscope Magazine 40-40 (Award to 40 Ohio African Americans Under 40 years old)
- Who’s Who in Black Cleveland
- International Who’s Who of Professionals
- Kinston Who’s Who of Business Women
- National Who’s Who of Executives
- Board Member, the United Black Fund of Greater Cleveland, inc.
- Member, The President’s Council Emerging Entrepreneur’s Program
- Board Member, NFL Alumni Association Cleveland Chapter
- Mentor, University of Akron Executive Mentoring Program
- Board of Directors, Baldwin Wallace College M.E.R.G.E (Minorities in Education Regarding Gainful Employment)