Skyy Fisher, the controversial Compton Unified school board member who called slain teenager Trayvon Martin a “fa**ot Black dude” and school Superintendent Karen Frison a “b**ch” in 2012, was arrested and charged Thursday in connection with the sexual assault of an unconscious victim, reports the LA Times.
RELATED: School Board Member Will Not Be Fired For Calling Trayvon a “F**got”
Fisher was arrested by the Pacific Southwest Regional Fugitive Task Force at the Los Angeles World Trade Center after a warrant was issued for his arrest.
He was held on $100,000 bail and released Thursday.
As previously reported by NewsOne, Fisher’s homophobic remarks about Martin and misogynist statement about Frison led to colleagues and some in the community to call for his resignation.
Fisher’s comments, which start at minute 7:22 in the video below, include:
- “that white dude that killed that faggot Black dude in Florida. I’m going to go out and try to search for this [inaudible].”
- “If you all see that George Zimmerman bitch, tell him I’m looking for him.”
- “That bitch superintendent wouldn’t give me a fucking district car, and I told that bitch that I was going to get her.”
- “The daughter is like, doing bad in the class, and she’s trying to get back at the teacher… The father comes to the board meeting, crying and shit to the board, talking about his daughter’s been raped and all kind of bullshit. All of a sudden, this motherfucker has six attorneys.”
- “Wow, so instead of you guys stealing the money, someone else is stealing the money from the district,” says one host. Fisher’s response: “Yeah! Yeah!”
- “We’re meeting this Tuesday at 7 o’clock. Oh! You’ve got to definitely come. There’s solidarity with this Trayvon Martin bitch, and I’m trying to get on news so I’m wearing the hoodies at the whole board meeting… It’s the perfect publicity stunt. I’m going to wear a hoodie, the news is going to come out, and I’m going to announce my candidacy for City Council, goddammit.”
- “If I saw myself walking down the street with a hoodie on, I’d shoot myself too!”
In the wake of controversy, the school board accepted Fishers request for a three-month leave of absence so that he could focus on his “health and personal well-being.”
Fisher was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in November of last year. That case is still pending.
Compton Mayoral Race: Aja Brown Defeats Omar Bradley In Decisive Victory
Universal Distances Itself From Racist ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Casting Call
Skyy Fisher: Compton School Official Who Made Controversial Trayvon Martin Comments Charged With Sexual Assault was originally published on newsone.com
Prayers: Singer Will Downing Shared The Passing of His Daughter
Raphael Saadiq Teases 2023 Tony! Toni! Toné! Tour On IG
Ohio School District Approves 4-Day School Weeks
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Here's What You Should Know About the New, Deadly Fungus in Ohio
Police Identify Man Found Dead Under West 25th Street Bridge in Cleveland
BMF Fans Surprised By Yung Miami’s & Big Meech’s Appearance