Yes, I am single and yes, I have kids. PLEASE keep these 11 comments to yourself.
1. The term “baby daddy” or “baby mama”. Dad or mom mean the same thing, and don’t sound so stupid.
2. I can relate. My partner travels for work all the time. Sorry folks, but that’s not the same thing.
3. Did you try to make it work? No. I called the divorce attorney after our first fight over dirty dishes.
4. Your poor kids have to grow up without a positive male role model. Between their grandfathers, uncles, teachers, and their father, I think they’ll be ok.
5. It’s shame. Kids really need both their parents. Would you say that to a single parent whose partner passed away?
6. It must be nice to get a break from the kids every now and then. You’re right. It’s so nice to hear my kids cry because they’re sick of being shuttled between houses every week.
7. You’re so luck you don’t have a partner to fight with. Believe it or not, divorced and estranged couples can still fight.
8. Your kids are going to have some serious relationship issues. Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t see the crystal ball in your hands. Please, tell me more about my children’s futures.
9. Just make sure you don’t have another kid. You too! I wouldn’t want anyone else inheriting your stupidity.
10. How do you afford it? By working my butt off every day of the week!
11. Oh, come on. Being a single parent isn’t that hard. Really? Would you like to try it?