If you’re not already a fan of zucchini, these three benefits may just make you a believer:
Weight Loss: Zucchini is extremely low in calories, but it gives you the feeling of being full. This makes it a great healthy, guilt free snack.
Nutritious: Zucchini is an outstanding source of manganese and vitamin C, and a great source of dietary fiber.
Men’s Health: Recent research suggests that regular consumption of zucchini can help prevent benign prostatic hypertrophy in men.
Try this simple recipe for Baked Parmesan Zucchini to get more of this super veggie in your diet!
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Krayzie Bone ‘Fighting For His Life’ In LA Hospital, Per Report
80-year-old granny robs pregnant woman
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Man Arrested In Tupac Murder Case, Social Media Has Questions
Jacky Oh’s Cause Of Death Has Been Revealed 4 Months After Her Passing
Singer Rachelle Ferrell Struggling With Health Issues and Hardships
New Bae Alert!? Browns Grant Delpit Rumored To Be Dating Rapper Bia
USPS Hiring Hundreds In Cleveland At $22 An Hour