Biopics are obviously in demand after the success of Straight Outta Compton. One that’s been in the making for a while is Richard Pryor‘s story. The Weinstein Company finally revealed who’ll appear in the highly anticipated biopic. It’s a star-studded cast to say the least.
As expected, Mike Epps will play Pryor. Nick Cannon was reportedly in consideration for the role, but he eventually lost out to Epps, who has been in line to play Pryor for a decade. He was handpicked by Pryor himself before his passing, according to Deadline.
Oprah will play Pryor’s grandmother, and Eddie Murphy will play his father. Murphy co-starred with Pryor on Harlem Nights, which is a cult classic for some despite being a critical failure. Their on-set relationship wasn’t friendly; Murphy, who had a chance to work with his idol in his directorial debut, had to deal with a bitter Pryor who was past his prime. Regardless, Murphy should be excited after going quiet over the past few years.
Kate Hudson, who plays Pryor’s wife, rounds out the cast.
Of course, Lee Daniels, who’s the black director after the success of Empire, is slated to direct.
RED CARPET RECAP: The 2015 MTV Video Music Awards
1. The Kardashians and Jenners are in the building.Source:Getty 1 of 30
2. Fresh off the success of his new single, Justin Bieber comes through in jeans and a jacket.Source:Getty 2 of 30
3. The oldest and the youngest.Source:Getty 3 of 30
4. Still got it! Britney Spears was everything in a see-through sequined number.Source:Getty 4 of 30
5. Kim Kardashian arrived with her hubby, Kanye West, who will receive the 2015 Video Vanguard Award.Source:Getty 5 of 30
6. Pharrell and his wife were the red carpet's denim duo.Source:Getty 6 of 30
7. Ciara rocked noticeably shorter hair as she arrived in a daring dress.Source:Getty 7 of 30
8. Yas! Nicki Minaj stunned in gold.Source:Getty 8 of 30
9. O'Shea Jackson Jr. kept things casual.Source:Getty 9 of 30
10. Rocking a jacket that reads, "KKKops are the biggest gang," clearly Vic Mensa chose to make a statement.Source:Getty 10 of 30
11. Cara Delevingne in Saint Laurent.Source:Getty 11 of 30
12. Rocking a patterned frock, JoJo is still a perfect 10.Source:Getty 12 of 30
13. Selena Gomez proves that you can never go wrong with all black everything.Source:Getty 13 of 30
14. Gigi Hadid absolutely shined.Source:Getty 14 of 30
15. John Legend and Chrissy Teigen gave us yet another reason to consider them #RelationshipGoals.Source:Getty 15 of 30
16. Nick Jonas rocked head-to-toe leather.Source:Getty 16 of 30
17. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna continued their BFF escapades in matching outfits.Source:Getty 17 of 30
18. Jeremy Scott kept it vibrant in color. Much like this year's Moon Man trophy.Source:Getty 18 of 30
19. Miguel was looking fly in YSL.Source:Getty 19 of 30
20. Taylor Swift opted for a sequined top and trousers combo.Source:Getty 20 of 30
21. Demi Lovato was pretty in pink.Source:Getty 21 of 30
22. Miley Cyrus narrowly avoids nip-slips in Versace.Source:Getty 22 of 30
23. Charlamagne flashed a smile for the photogs before hosting the red carpet.Source:Getty 23 of 30
24. Kelly Osbourne attended to host the pre-show.Source:Getty 24 of 30
25. Tori Kelly flaunted her toned legs in short-shorts.Source:Getty 25 of 30
26. Major squad goals.Source:Getty 26 of 30
27. Rocsi Diaz didn't shy away from flashing cleavage in a revealing LBD.Source:Getty 27 of 30
28. Vanessa Hudgens was simply beautiful in an elegant gown.Source:Getty 28 of 30
29. Work! Rita Ora's feathers are unstoppable.Source:Getty 29 of 30
30. Praise Him.Source:Getty 30 of 30
The Richard Pryor Biopic Will Feature Eddie Murphy, Oprah And Mike Epps was originally published on theurbandaily.com