Why is that nearly every recipe you find that involves sweet potatoes requires you to either bake a pie or whip up a casserole? Those are good and all, but if you’re anything like me, then you like to switch things up. Want to try something a little out of the ordinary? Then you’re definitely going to want to check out these three amazing recipes that are sure to knock your socks off!
Curried Carrot, Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup
What you’ll need:
- 2t canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cups (1/4-inch) sliced peeled carrots
- 1T grated ginger
- 2t curry powder
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2T salt
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add potato, carrots, ginger, and curry; cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stir in salt.
- Pour half of soup in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining soup.
[This recipe originally appeared on AllRecipes.com]
Sweet Potato Recipe Rescue: Make More Than Pies & Fries! was originally published on blackdoctor.org