“Given that President and Mrs. Obama will be in Washington for at least another two and a half years, it made sense for them to buy a home rather than continuing to rent property,” the Obamas’ spokeman Kevin Lewis said in a statement, according to The Washington Post.
The house is in the Kalorama neighborhood, a swanky community that is home to diplomats and political leaders. Their neighbors include President Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner, who are reportedly renting their home for $15,000 a month.
The Obamas’ home is the second most expensive house in the neighborhood. Jeffrey Bezos, the Amazon founder and owner of The Washington Post, paid $23 million for his house in Kalorama.
They’re expected to live in the house while their youngest daughter, Sasha, is still in high school.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14 of 14
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U
Obamas Purchase $8.1 Million Mansion In District Of Columbia was originally published on newsone.com