The NBA legend, Earvin “Magic” Johnson has joined the bidding group to own the Washington Commanders, sources confirmed. The Hall of Famer will join the Harris group led by Josh Harris who also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL’s New Jersey Devils.
Magic Johnson is currently the part owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers and was The Lakers team president from 2017-2019. He has also invested in other sports teams, including the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks and MLS’ Los Angeles FC.
Text “DCnews” to 52140 For Local & Exclusive News Sent Directly To You!
In November, The Commanders current team owners, Dan and Tanya Snyder announced they will be selling the team and Forbes listed the value of the franchise at $5.6 billion. NFL owners will be meeting in Phoenix next week, so a deal could happen soon but sources say that the sale most likely won’t be approved until late May when the owners meet again.
READ MORE SPORTS NEWS:
- The Highest-Paid Players In The NFL Are Black Quarterbacks
- Who Is Prince Asante Sefa-Boakye And What Is His Mission With Water Polo In Ghana?
- Brittney Griner To Drop Memoir About Her Experiences In Russian Prison
- Why Are There So Few Black American Players In Major League Baseball?
- Op-Ed: Jason Whitlock Says He’d Reject Black Quarterbacks To Avoid Race Concerns. Has He Forgotten He’s Black?
- Jason Whitlock Attacks Asian Journalist Who Was Called Ethnic Slur By White Radio Host
- Norm Roberts Remains Kansas’ Acting Head Basketball Coach As NCAA Tournament Begins
- Kent State HC Rob Senderoff Taking on IU & His Controversial Tenure at Indiana
- Will Damar Hamlin Play Football Again? Bills GM Joins NFL Doctor’s Optimism
- The NBA Has A History Of Drug Testing Players After Big Games
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Magic Johnson Joins The Run To Buy The Commanders was originally published on woldcnews.com
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Offset Exposes Cardi B’s Buns via Instagram Story
Prayers: Singer Will Downing Shared The Passing of His Daughter
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Ashanti Gave Nelly All Body On Stage In Vegas
Who Is Andrew Bankhead? Ex-Mississippi Cop Who Shot Teen ‘In The Back’ Over Daughter
2 Alligators Spotted Loose in Ohio, 1 Still Missing
Tina Turner Photos Through The Years: A Legacy Never Forgotten