Ohio Governor Mike DeWine held a press conference announcing three cases of the Coronavirus COVID-19 have been confirmed in Cuyahoga County.
The three confirmed individuals are in their mid 50’s. Two of them are married and began feeling sick after their return from a cruise on the Nile River. The third person recently traveled to Washington D.C. to attend a conference.
As of Monday afternoon, the Ohio Department of Health confirmed that there are currently five people under watch and eleven people have tested negative for the virus
According to the Ohio Department of Health most persons start to see symptoms “within 14 days of traveling to China or been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19.” Coronavirus symptoms are often fever, cough, shortness of breath and more. If you feel sick please stay home from work and immediately seek medical attention.
While hand sanitizers, masks and disinfectant wipes have been flying off the shelves, medical professionals have stressed that the best defense against this virus and others is to thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. Also, avoid touching your face with your hands including your eyes, nose, and mouth to prevent the spread of germs.
Watch Governor DeWine’s press conference here:
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Megan Thee Stallion Shows Off Progress From #HottieBootcamp And Has Us Asking For The Ab Routine!
- Rosie Perez Says She Was Never Asked to Attend the Oscars Since Her Nomination in the Mid-1990’s
- Dr. Pepper Unveils New “Zero Sugar” Soda Flavors!
- Celeb Stylist SuperDope Q Adds Vibrancy To Black Hair With “HAIR DOPE”
- Proposed Texas Law Based on ‘Big Lie’ Advances Out of Committee
- Mictic’s Wearable Musical Device Allows You To Make Music Without Actual Instruments
- Partial Ban On No Knock Warrants Signed Into Kentucky Law After Bipartisan Compromise
- ‘Claiming Our Power, Resilience and Liberation’: The 4th Annual National Black Maternal Health Week
- #RIPDMX: In Honor Of The Legendary Dark Man X AKA DMX [Playlist]
- Front Page News: Joe Biden Speaks On Gun Violence In The Country [WATCH]
Director Dr. Acton announces Ohio’s first three positive cases of #COVID19 with @GovMikeDeWine and @LtGovHusted. The three positive cases are all in Cuyahoga County. Continue to follow our social media pages and visit https://t.co/vg4tN6d7vM for updates. pic.twitter.com/4bpygr0mn7— Ohio Dept of Health (@OHdeptofhealth) March 9, 2020
This afternoon we learned that three Ohioans have tested positive for #COVID19. It's important for us to take aggressive action to protect Ohioans, and therefore, I have declared a state of emergency in #Ohio.— Governor Mike DeWine (@GovMikeDeWine) March 9, 2020
5. Cleveland Mayor Frank G. Jackson weighs in…
A call center to answer questions regarding #COVID19 is now open. The call center will be open 7 days a week from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. and can be reached at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634). #COVID19OhioReady pic.twitter.com/EPwotO9d2s— Ohio Dept of Health (@OHdeptofhealth) March 7, 2020