CLEVELAND – The owner of a new restaurant coming to Cleveland soon cites the ongoing revitalization of downtown as a reason to open his first northeast Ohio store just blocks from Public Square.
J. Gumbo’s, a cajun and creole-style restaurant, will open at 226 Euclid Ave., next to Jimmy John’s and just a couple blocks from Horseshoe Casino Cleveland.
This will be the company’s first location in northeast Ohio. There are 11 other stores in the state — all in the Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati areas.
The space that will house the restaurant is currently vacant, and the storefront is hidden by a wooden wall.
Owner Brandon Salamone told NewsChannel5 via email that downtown is the right pick because J. Gumbo’s offers lunch-goers quick service and an affordable price point of about $6 to $7.
“We are excited to be a part of the revitalization and positive energy currently taking place in downtown Cleveland,” said Salamone. “We are happy to be working with MRN Ltd. and have been impressed with the commitment of the Maron family in their efforts to contribute to revitalizing downtown Cleveland.”
MRN Ltd. is the company that brought East 4th Street to life with apartments and unique entertainment businesses in a pedestrian-only block, as well as the current revitalization project at University Circle.
“We started by specifically choosing an amazing location, that not only makes sense from a business perspective, but a historic location that is going to have a ton of character, both on the inside and out,” said Salmone.
Salamone said an exact opening date has not yet been determined, but the restaurant is expected to open its doors by late fall.
This is the second chain to move into the area in the last few months. Potbelly Sandwich Shop opened in the vacant space under the 515 Euclid parking garage in June – just a few blocks west of where J. Gumbo’s will call home.
Check out the restaurant’s menu here: http://on.wews.com/NC4wP9
- WZAK Stone Soul Picnic – Buy Your Tickets
- Missed The Essence Music Festival This Year? Check Out All The Highlights!
- Cosby Kid Coming Back To Prime Time!
- OMG! Usher’s Step Son Declared Brain Dead!
- Matthew Knowles Says Two New Destiny’s Child Reunion Albums And Tour Are On The Way
- Local Akron Woman Dies Hours After Meeting President Obama
- Heidi Who? Seal Looks Like He Has a New Boo
- George Zimmerman Release from Jail After Posting Bond!
- Donna Summer’s Daughters Reportedly Fighting Over Fortune
- Tyler Perry Says President Obama Made Him Stop Drinking
- Oprah Buys Family Business In Foreclosure, Why is Family Upset?