Flavor Flav attended the opening of Flav’s Fried Chicken restaurant in Clinton, IA yesterday. The Clinton location is the first restaurant in the chain to open to the public.
Flav, who graduated from culinary school in 1978 and served as head cook at several restaurants, announced his foray into the restaurant business late last year. He’s partnered with Nick Cimino, whose brother Peter owns Mama Cimino’s in Las Vegas. Flav initially began selling chicken wings for 99 cents at Mama Ciminos.
“Nick sees me frying the chicken and says ‘I’m going back to my town and I’m going to build us a restaurant, the first FFC restaurant,'” Flav told the Clinton Herald. “I said, ‘Huh, are you serious?'”
“I don’t want to be just known to have a spot,” Flav said. “You’re going to find me in here working. You’re going to be catching me seasoning my chicken, flouring my chicken, frying up my chicken, and not only that, but serving my chicken to my people.”
Most Popular Articles
- TEENA MARIE MEMORIAL SERVICE [PHOTOS]
- [VIDEO] STEVE HARVEY EXPOSED!
- Second Graders Caught Engaging in Oral Sex in Class with Teacher Present
- Mother Jailed for Sending Kids to the Wrong School District
- Monica and Shannon Brown Are Married
- SMH: 14-Year-Old Boy Gets Gun And Kills Whole Family!
- Woman Who Kidnapped Carlina White Still On The Run, White’s Birth Parents Speak Out
- Carlina White Kidnapped 24 Years Ago Reunites With Family via Internet
- Really?!!!!!!! Who Lets Their Child Act Like This?
Raphael Saadiq Teases 2023 Tony! Toni! Toné! Tour On IG
BMF Fans Surprised By Yung Miami’s & Big Meech’s Appearance
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Here's What You Should Know About the New, Deadly Fungus in Ohio
Larsa Pippen Says She and Ex-Scottie Had Sex '4 Times a Night for 23 Years'
These Northeast Ohio Counties Will Have Checkpoints On St. Patrick's Day
Win FREE Tickets to the Straight Jokes! No Chaser Comedy Tour!