http://www.bvnewswire.com R&B crooner Eric Benét had his share of collaborative hits, including ‘Georgy Porgy’ with Faith Evans and ‘Spend My Life With You’ featuring Tamia, but the crux of his notoriety came from his highly publicized marriage to Halle Berry, where Benét’s infidelity ultimately ended things. That’s all in his past now. The Grammy Award nominee is newly engaged, and his daughter, India, is following in his footsteps by pursuing her own singing career. Fresh off touring with Fantasia and Kandi Burruss, Benét has been promoting his latest offering, ‘Lost in Time.’ The 44-year-old singer sat down with BlackVoices.com to chat about how he proposed to the new lady in his life and how he’s grown since his controversial breakup. Here’s 20 Questions With Eric Benét. How’s the reception been to your new album, ‘Lost in Time’? Eric Benét: It’s been dope. They really have been feeling this new record. The whole idea behind it was to do a homage to ’70s R&B and soul, where live instruments were played and people would sing as opposed to having overprocessed [music] and using Auto-Tune to the high heavens. BV: When you perform the new stuff live, what kind of feedback have you been getting? EB: Performing the new record live has been incredible. The new single, ‘Sometimes I Cry,’ went to # 1, and it was one of those songs that I could perform in front of an audience before it got airplay, and it got a crazy reaction. That is usually a rare occurrence; people generally need something on the radio before they say, “That’s my song,” but people went crazy for it. BV: You’re newly engaged and have a beautiful teenage daughter. What place are you in your life right now and how is that reflected in the new album? You seem to be doing really well. EB: I feel like I’m living a dream right now. I have this daughter who I’ve become just so proud of and has turned out to be this beautiful, strong, confident and intelligent woman. And I have the love of my life who wants to spend the rest of her life with me, and we’re just over the moon about our future. I feel like I’m making the best music I’ve made in my life. S**t is good, man [laughs]. Continue reading 20 Questions With R&B Singer/Songwriter Eric Benét
- Jamie Foxx Dukes It Out at Usher Pre-Grammy Concert
- Breaking News…El Debarge Checks Into Rehabilitation Center
- Golden Voice Ted Williams Says He Wasn’t Ready For Fame
- Kobe Bryant Love Child? Hit With Papers At Game
- Step In The Name Of Love! Whitney Houston And R. Kelly Perform At The Pre Grammy Party.
- Shaq And Hoopz Reality Stars!
- WTF: Bouncer Sues Reality TV Star For Clawing His Face! [Photos Of His Face]
- OMG: Usher Is Coming To Cleveland
- Aretha Franklin Reveals New Look, Shares Her Thoughts On Star Studded Grammy Tribute
- Cleveland Soul – #216 Music