SOUTH EUCLID, Ohio – A new restaurant is opening its doors in one Cleveland community. It is part of an overall development project.
A Bob Evans restaurant at the intersection of Cedar and Fenwick Roads in South Euclid opened its doors to customers early Friday morning.
The first 100 customers received free breakfast.
South Euclid Mayor Georgine Welol says Friday’s grand opening is a symbol of what’s to come for the community. She says seven other restaurants will open in the Cedar Center section of the city by the end of this year. She says it all brings about 500 jobs to the area.
The new restaurants slated to open include:
– Panera Bread Bakery-Café
– Five Guys Burger & Fries
– Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches
– Chipotle Mexican Grill
– Piada Italian Street Food
– China Gate Chinese Restaurant
This isn’t the first development we’ve seen in this area. Just down the street in University Heights, a new McDonald’s opened in February and that restaurant alone brought in a lot of interest from job-seekers.
“Within the first three days of advertising we had more than 600 applications and we still have people coming in requesting applications and wanting to get hired,” said Dave Stiles, the owner of the McDonalds, in February.
Stiles said he hired 80 people for the restaurant.
- Morning Awesomeness: President Obama Sits in Rosa Parks’ Famous Seat
- Jennifer Hudson’s Sister Finally Files For Divorce From Husband/Family’s Killer
- Bob Evans Opens At cedar Center In South Euclid!
- Happy Birthday Luther Vandross!
- 15 Things Men Really Wish We Knew
Join the conversation and LIKE US on facebook!