President Obama took a minute to reflect on the past earlier this week. Wednesday, while he was visiting the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan, the president sat in the Montgomery, Alabama bus seat Rosa Parks refused to vacate.
Later, while in Detroit, the president shared his thoughts on the experience:
”I just sat in there for a moment and pondered the courage and tenacity that is part of our very recent history but is also part of that long line of folks who sometimes are nameless, often times didn’t make the history books, but who constantly insisted on their dignity, their share of the American dream.”
- Morning Awesomeness: President Obama Sits in Rosa Parks’ Famous Seat
- Jennifer Hudson’s Sister Finally Files For Divorce From Husband/Family’s Killer
- Bob Evans Opens At cedar Center In South Euclid!
- Happy Birthday Luther Vandross!
- 15 Things Men Really Wish We Knew
Join the conversation and LIKE US on facebook!