Whitney Houston’s mother is set to perform a tribute to her late daughter alongside other female singers at the upcoming BET Awards, reports The Associated Press.
A source familiar with BET’s plans said Tuesday that Cissy Houston will take the stage at the July 1 awards show to honor her daughter. She’ll be joined by “a few top divas,” the source said, though the source would not reveal their identities.
The source spoke on condition of anonymity because the tribute has not been officially announced.
The BET Awards airs live from The Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Kanye West, Beyonce and Jay-Z are the top nominees. Source
- Jump The Broom: Meagan Good & DeVon Franklin Wed In Malibu!
- Usher – Lemme See [MUSIC VIDEO]
- Tone Loc Collapses on Stage!
- Baby Dies After Dad Fills Bottle With Vodka
- Marsha Ambrosius In The Studio New Album
- 3 Men, 78 Kids, 46 Baby Mamas, No Child Support
- R&B star R. Kelly owes nearly $5M in back taxs, IRS says!
- Mary J. Blige Hits The Big Screen In ‘Rock Of Ages’!
- POLITICS: Reporter Heckles, Interrupts President Obama During Speech
Like WZAK on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities