A Colorado man who was admitted to the hospital for a routine procedure of getting kidney stones removed, found out some not common results; he learned that he was a woman.
5 years later, Steve Crecelius’s life has been forever changed.
The father of six, acknowledges that he has always felt different and the discovery allowed him to express the side that he has always hidden.
According to an interview with ABC News, Crecelius says he has had feminine feelings since he was six-years-old, saying he remembers “wearing my mom’s makeup, I thought I looked pretty.”
Like WZAK on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities
Crecelius and his wife, Debbie, have been married for 25 years and she’s supported him through the whole process. Even participating in her husband’s shopping for women’s attire.
His wife (seen below) and children, have stood by him after Crecelius found out he was intersex and even now refer to him as “Stevie” which he uses as his new name, instead of “Steve.”
Intersex describes someone who is born with both external genitals and internal organs of female and male. Now Crecelius plans to become an advocate for other intersex people. According to the Intersex Society of North America, more than 1,500 children a year are born intersex.
- WZAK Stone Soul Picnic – Buy Your Tickets
- Missed The Essence Music Festival This Year? Check Out All The Highlights!
- Cosby Kid Coming Back To Prime Time!
- OMG! Usher’s Step Son Declared Brain Dead!
- Matthew Knowles Says Two New Destiny’s Child Reunion Albums And Tour Are On The Way
- Local Akron Woman Dies Hours After Meeting President Obama
- Heidi Who? Seal Looks Like He Has a New Boo
- George Zimmerman Release from Jail After Posting Bond!
- Donna Summer’s Daughters Reportedly Fighting Over Fortune
- Tyler Perry Says President Obama Made Him Stop Drinking
- Oprah Buys Family Business In Foreclosure, Why is Family Upset?