MENTOR, OH (WOIO) – 8-year-old Erin Potter was diagnosed with Leukemia in 2007. She was cured, but the cancer came back a second time in 2011.
Now, five years later, the Leukemia has appeared for the third time. On Wednesday, Erin will return to Rainbow Baby’s and Children’s Hospital to prepare for a bone marrow transplant scheduled within the next few days.
Erin will be receiving the stem cells from another person to hopefully restore her health for the final time so that she can grow up with her sisters. Erin is expected to spend six weeks in the hospital.
There is a way you can help Erin! Her dream is to meet Justin Bieber. #Bieber4Potter is trending on Twitter, in hopes of reaching the famous young singer.
For information on how you can become a bone marrow donor, click here.
Article Courtesy of WOIO 19 Action News
Like WZAK on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities
- WZAK Stone Soul Picnic – Buy Your Tickets
- Missed The Essence Music Festival This Year? Check Out All The Highlights!
- Cosby Kid Coming Back To Prime Time!
- OMG! Usher’s Step Son Declared Brain Dead!
- Matthew Knowles Says Two New Destiny’s Child Reunion Albums And Tour Are On The Way
- Local Akron Woman Dies Hours After Meeting President Obama
- Heidi Who? Seal Looks Like He Has a New Boo
- George Zimmerman Release from Jail After Posting Bond!
- Donna Summer’s Daughters Reportedly Fighting Over Fortune
- Tyler Perry Says President Obama Made Him Stop Drinking
- Oprah Buys Family Business In Foreclosure, Why is Family Upset?