While many were untying the bows on their Easter baskets Sunday, Mekhi Phifer was tying the knot.
The former “ER” actor, 38, wed longtime girlfriend Reshelet Barnes in an intimate Beverly Hills ceremony. About 100 friends and family members attended, including Phifer’s son, who walked down the aisle with their Chihuahua.
Phifer entered to Stevie Wonder’s “Ribbon in the Sky,” according to E! News. The 15-minute ceremony featured the happy couple in dashing ivory.
“When she made her entrance into the courtyard, Mekhi was completely overcome with emotion and you could tell she took his breath away,” an eyewitness source told E! News. “He had to wipe tears from his eyes for several minutes.”
To top off what already sounds like a wonderful event, none other than TV’s Judge Greg Mathis officiated the ceremony.
Phifer, whose breakthrough roles include Spike Lee’s “Clockers” and “I Still Know What You Did Last Summer,” has two sons. The first, Omikaye, was born in 1999 to “Soul Food” actress Malinda Williams, whom Phifer divorced in 2003 after four years of marriage. He had his second son, Mekhi Thira Phifer Jr., with fiancee Oni Souratha in 2007.
Phifer starred as Dr. Greg Pratt on “ER” from 2002 until 2008. He saw a successful slate of films throughout the 2000s, including “O,” “8 Mile” and “Honey.” He was also a regular on the Fox crime drama “Lie To Me.”
Source: Huffington Post
- Michelle Williams Talks about her character, Sandra Isadore In Jazz Play ‘Fela’
- Dawn Robinson Says Leave Her Name Out of En Vogue Legal Mess
- Heidi Klum Saves Son Henry from Drowning
- Can You Be Too Close To Your Significant Other?
- Biggest Reasons Men Resent Their Wives
- Crazy Things Your Appearance Says About You
- Swizz Beats Will Make You Jump Jump!!! OFF… REALLY??? (Video)
- Joel Osteen Talks Peace And Power With Oprah On “Super Soul Sunday Lifeclass”