According to a September 2013 study by Visa, Americans who eat out for lunch spend nearly $936 a year on average, solely on lunch. This breaks down to about $18 a week, or eating out twice a week at nearly $10 per outing.
Looking to cut back and save that money for something else? By preparing a meal at home or buying frozen those two days (based on an average frozen meal cost of $4, lunches can be prepared fresh at home for even less), peope can save an estimated $10 a week or more, roughly equalling $520 a year.
This is enough to pay for:
- A bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne 2002 ($440) and 1 oz. of Royal Imperial Caviar ($80)
- 16G iPad Air with Wi-Fi compatibility ($499)
- Charter a Schweizer 300C helicopter for one hour, day or night ($400-500)
- 3,360 Marshmallow Peeps ($511 for 28 cases of 24 packages of Peeps, with 5 peeps per package)
- Round-trip flight from Seattle, Washington to Honolulu, Hawaii on Hawaiian Airlines ($408)
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Large Hamilton Traveler (purse, $398) and a MICHAEL Michael Kors Large Jet Set Multifunction Phone case (wallet, $98)
READ MORE: NewsNet5.com
Article Courtesy of WEWS NewsChannel 5
Picture Courtesy of Mario Tama, Getty Images and WEWS NewsChannel 5
Is Ashanti Pregnant? X Users Think Nelly Has 'Sealed The Deal'
Sex Positions You’ve Never Heard Of (But Need to Try, Now)
OKC Thunnder’s Josh Giddey Under Investigation For Alleged Relationship With A Minor, X Users Are Dunking On Him
Singer Jaguar Wright Speaks On Puffy Conspiracy At Uptown Records
T.I.’s Son King Goes Live During Their Family Scuffle
Sean John Is Being ‘Phased Out’ of Macy’s After Two-Decades!?
South Euclid Lyndhurst Principal Dies After Cancer Battle
Chrisean Rock After Love Started War Backstage At Tamar Braxton Concert