There’s a lot of misinformation about divorce, and Dr. Romance would like to clear up some of the confusion. Here are 11 things people will not tell you about divorce.
- Divorce will not make you happier, unless you’re leaving an abusive relationship.
- Divorce sometimes seems easier than fixing your marriage, but it’s usually not.
- Many divorced couples get back together later.
- If you don’t have children, and feel OK about how you’ve divided the assets, you may not need to file. Leave it up to your spouse to pay the fees.
- Sometimes filing for divorce is what it will take to get him to talk to you about what’s wrong.
- Even if you’re eager to get the divorce, you’ll still have a lot of grief.
- If he is adamant about wanting a divorce, he probably has someone else already.
- If money is important to him, protect yourself—he may try to leave you with nothing.
- Even though you’ll have to go through grief, you can survive divorce.
- You’ll find out who your friends are – they usually choose one partner to stay friends with.
- You’ll have to rebuild your life after divorce, so begin before you divorce — you may find you can improve your satisfaction with your marriage.
Also On 93.1 WZAK: