The Consortium of African American Organizations (CAAO – pronounced K-O) is a nonprofit consulting organization which provides benefits and services to member organizations, their members and other individuals through its CAAO’s BESTT initiative. CAAO’s predecessor was the African American Business Consortium formed in 1993.
- works to promote entrepreneurship and leadership empowerment through its member organizations and the individual members of those organizations;
- strives to improve its members through individual empowerment by providing resources that enable groups and individuals to have increased participation in the new economy; and
- serves as a catalyst for regional economic development by providing services that promote collaboration and increased accessibility to community resources.
Please see CAAO’s mission, principles, benefits and resources for more detail.
CAAO is about harnessing and directing the power of thousands of black professionals in Northeast Ohio. CAAO serves as a conduit to existing resources as well as assists in the areas of entrepreneurial and professional development.
- So if you are thinking about coming to Northeast Ohio –
- If you are new to Northeast Ohio –
- If you want to make the most of what you now have in Northeast Ohio –
- If you want to identify resources in the black professional community –
- If you want access to the black professional community –
CAAO is here for you!