Most Americans are still adjusting to this ‘work from home thing.’ It’s a new way of life for now and could take some getting used to if you’re used to leaving the house for work daily. A new survey talked to over 3,000 people who worked from home before the crisis hit. Here are eight pieces of advice they had for newbies .
According to YouGov, here are tips from people that were already working from home before the pandemic hit.
1. Don’t forget to take breaks. It was the most common piece of advice they gave.
2. Develop a routine. Don’t just drift through every day without a plan.
3. Create a home office space. It doesn’t have to be a separate room. Even your kitchen table is better than working from bed.
4. Get up and move around. Don’t stay on your computer when you take breaks. Give your eyes a rest, and your muscles a chance to stretch.
5. Set clear boundaries between work and play. Do your best to separate your free time from your work hours. Meaning specific start and end times.
6. Don’t watch TV. A lot of people in the survey said it’s important to avoid distractions.
7. Get dressed. It’s hard to get in the right mindset if you’re always in pajamas.
8. Keep in touch with co-workers. Take time to call and email people, even if it’s just to say hi and catch up.
For more tips on working from home. click here.
8 Tips from People Who Are Used to Working from Home was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Sex Positions You’ve Never Heard Of (But Need to Try, Now)
Amber Alert Cancelled, 5 Yr Old Darnell Taylor Found Dead
Here's Where To Find The Best Corned Beef in Cleveland!
These AT&T Outage Posts Will Make You Laugh, Unless Your Phone Is Still Off
Get Your Tickets To The We Them Ones Comedy Tour!
Cam Newton Remains Unfazed After Getting Jumped At Youth Football Event, Social Media Reacts
Where Are They Now? Acclaimed R&B Duo Zhane
8 Things About Sexting That Actually Turn Women On