According to NBC4i, Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks has died at the age of 24.
The team reports his death was due to an apparent head injury suffered during a fall.
Novi, Michigan police Lt. Jason Meier tells The Associated Press a mortar-style firework tilted slightly and started to fire toward people nearby. Meier says Kivlenieks was in a hot tub and fled along with several other people, but he slipped and hit his head on concrete.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Finally!! ‘007’ Producers Say Idris May Be Up Next
- Meet Your Future History Makers 2022
- March 4: New Edition with Charlie Wilson & Jodeci!!
- Don’t Miss A Moment Of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- The Bijou Star Files: Mourning The Death Of Rapper Young Dolph
- Hot Spot: The New ‘Real Housewives Of Atlanta’ Cast Revealed! Marlo Hampton Gets A Peach! [WATCH]
- Conservatives Leave Out Key Facts From Claim That Democrats Didn’t Support Black Woman Judge Nominated By Trump
- Analysis: Georgia Anti-Voter Law Dramatically Increased Absentee Ballot Rejections In 2021 Municipal Elections
- Biden’s Supreme Court Nomination ‘An Opportunity’ To Have A Black Justice Who Gets It On Civil Rights
- Joe Exotic (a.k.a. Tiger King) Gets Prison Sentence Reduced Only by One Year
- The Bijou Star Files: Man Served 20 Yrs In Jail For a Murder His Twin Did
- Tasha K Is Speaking After Losing $4 Mil. Lawsuit To Cardi B [VIDEO]
- ‘Identity Politics’: Ben Carson Cries White Tears Over Joe Biden’s Vow To Nominate A Black Woman For Supreme Court
- Clueless About The Senate, Herschel Walker Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Ask How He’d Vote On Bill That Already Passed
- Travis Scott’s Fans Petitions For Rapper To Perform At Coachella
- Nike’s NBA All-Star 2022 Uniforms Celebrate NBA’s 75th Anniversary & City of Cleveland