According to NBC4i, Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks has died at the age of 24.
The team reports his death was due to an apparent head injury suffered during a fall.
Novi, Michigan police Lt. Jason Meier tells The Associated Press a mortar-style firework tilted slightly and started to fire toward people nearby. Meier says Kivlenieks was in a hot tub and fled along with several other people, but he slipped and hit his head on concrete.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Don’t Miss A Moment Of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- LOCAL NEWS: Diocese of Cleveland Bishop Anthony Pilla Has Passed Away at Age 88
- Stephen King Calls Out Moscow Mitch on Twitter
- For The 1st Time In 15 Years The Fugees Are Going On Tour
- A Lot of Celebrities Are Calling For World Leaders to End the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Wendy Williams Brother Say’s That She Is In ‘Stable’ Condition [VIDEO]
- The Bijou Star Files: Browns Fans Brawl At The Muni Lot
- Front Page News: Border Patrol In Texas Attempt To Remove Haitians With Whips On Horses [WATCH]
- Tamika Mallory Slams Biden Administration For Border Patrol Whipping Haitian Migrants: ‘Y’all Are Responsible’
- Jeff Johnson Asks Why Are Black Men Dying So Early? [WATCH]
- Whips On Horseback: U.S. Officials Claim Nothing Inhumane Is Happening To Haitian Migrants Being Removed From Texas