According to NBC4i, Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks has died at the age of 24.
The team reports his death was due to an apparent head injury suffered during a fall.
Novi, Michigan police Lt. Jason Meier tells The Associated Press a mortar-style firework tilted slightly and started to fire toward people nearby. Meier says Kivlenieks was in a hot tub and fled along with several other people, but he slipped and hit his head on concrete.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Don’t Miss A Moment Of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- Nia Long Opens Up About Ime Udoka Cheating Scandal: ‘It Was Devastating’
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Antonio Brown On Battery Charges
- Get Ya Mans: Ye Goes On Alex Jones’ ‘InfoWars,’ Praises Hitler and Nazis
- STORYTIME: Rickey Smiley Almost Goes To Jail Because Of Gary With The Tea! [WATCH]
- The Bijou Star Files: LBJ Tells Media To Make It Make Sense
- Shanquella Robinson’s Sister Speaks Out
- Hot Spot: Beyonce’ Didn’t Make Spotify’s Top Five Streamed Artist?! [WATCH]
- Sybil Wilkes ‘What You Need To Know’ Brooklyn’s in the House! — Senate Votes to Protect Gay Marriage — Black Man Freed
- LeBron James Defends Kyrie Irving, Calls Out Media In Their Response To Jerry Jones’ 1957 Photo
- LaTocha Scott’s Husband’s Alleged Side Chick Says She Was ‘Hacked’