Giant Eagle, one of Ohio’s largest grocery retail chains, will reportedly stop selling bottled water sourced near the East Palestine train wreck.
A few weeks ago a train derailed East Palestine, forcing toxic chemicals into the air, soil, and water. Giant Eagle uses a factory in Salineville, about 25 miles from East Palestine, to fill gallons of water they sell in their Giant Eagle, GetGo, and Market District stores.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Via FOX 8…
While the water used is reportedly from a nearby spring that’s at a higher elevation than East Palestine, the company said they didn’t want to take chances.
“Out of an abundance of caution,” the company said in a statement. “Giant Eagle has made the decision to remove all gallon-size-or-greater Giant Eagle brand spring water product sourced from the Salineville facility from our store shelves until further notice while we continue to evaluate ongoing testing and potential impacts to the spring source.”
To finish this report from FOX 8, [click here].
Do you drink Giant Eagle bottled water? Will you be switching to another brand for the time being?
- Urban One Inc’s Reach Media Announces R&B Superstar Ralph Tresvant of New Edition as Host of “Love and R&B”
- Get Your Tickets to the Straight Jokes! No Chaser Comedy Tour!
- Don’t Miss A Moment Of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- Teyana Taylor Is Our Style Queen At The ‘A Thousand And One’ Premiere
- Giving Niecy Nash Her Flowers: Why The Actress Is A Black Icon
- Rep. Byron Donalds Says Don’t ‘Get Into Emotion’ Over Nashville School Shooting When Asked About Guns
- The Bijou Star Files: Niecy Nash’s School Shooting Reflection
- Justin Timberlake, Kid Cudi, Kenan Thompson & Many More Star In The ‘Trolls Band Together’ Official Trailer
- Workout Wednesday With Tracey Brown: “ GIVE ME 10 “ Workout
- Without Jay-Z There Wouldn’t Be A Franklin Saint
- Meet The Houston Family Behind The Viral YouTube Children’s Show ‘Gracie’s Corner’
- Porsha Williams Teases “Real Housewives of Atlanta” Return [LISTEN]
- Op-Ed: Jason Whitlock Says He’d Reject Black Quarterbacks To Avoid Race Concerns. Has He Forgotten He’s Black?
Prayers: Singer Will Downing Shared The Passing of His Daughter
Raphael Saadiq Teases 2023 Tony! Toni! Toné! Tour On IG
Ohio School District Approves 4-Day School Weeks
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Here's What You Should Know About the New, Deadly Fungus in Ohio
Police Identify Man Found Dead Under West 25th Street Bridge in Cleveland
BMF Fans Surprised By Yung Miami’s & Big Meech’s Appearance