10. Rachael Ray shows up on quite a few lists of measly tippers. “Tipped $1 on a $10 tab” according to List of the Day, which also accuses her of “promoting less than a 20% tip on a show that millions of people watch!” Rachael might have to rename her series of $40 a Day books $40 a Day — Not Including Gratuities
9. Bill Cosby is ranked #6 on Glamorati‘s list of 34 notoriously bad tippers, and the Cos makes it onto just about every other list too. He is said to have once left a $3 tip on a $350 order. This from a man who preaches about the importance of setting a good example.
8. Sean Penn and three others had “New Orleans waiters waiting on them hand and foot. The tip left on a $450 tab? Absolutely nothing. There are lots of instances of Sean Penn stiffing waitstaff,” Glamorati reports. He takes the number three spot on the Frisky’s compilation of measly stars as well. Of course Penn was in N.O. helping out poor people, so let’s at least acknowledge he’s generous with his time, if not his money.
7. Mariah Carey is said to have kept a restaurant open late with a very large party. Glamorati, getting its info from the New York Post, wrote that “Mariah and crew were very diva-ish with their demands. Despite keeping staffers jumping and a high tab, no one left a tip.”
6. Usher is consistently cited as one of the worst tippers, including the Stained Apron‘s 44 tipping “sinners,” and the number five spot on the Frisky. “Always tries to get someone else to pick up the bill,” reports glamorati.com. More damning is the oft-repeated tale of Usher having once left his autograph as a tip.