Former Duke Point Guard Kyrie Irving was the number one pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, heading to the NBA to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
But now that the league is in a lockout, Irving is heading back to Duke to continue his education.
Irving, who spent only one year at Duke, is making good on a promise he made to his dad, who played hoops at and graduated from Boston University.
“I just said to Kyrie, listen, if you decide to leave you have to promise me to get your degree in five years,” said Drederick Irving.
Irving is enrolled in four classes, and while he made the decision to leave school for the NBA, it’s pretty clear he is not, and never was, a go to school just to play basketball guy.
“I love the vibe,” said Kyrie. “I love Duke. I’m back because I love it, Duke is the place.”
He already knows there is more to life than just basketball.
“I wanted to set my mark in the basketball world at the same time, me having my mark on the real world is something I wanted to do. And me having my degree when I’m finished playing this game, I’ll be able to do that.”
Article Courtesy of WOIO 19 Action News
Most Popular Articles
- WTF! Man Releases Wild Animals Loose In Ohio, Man And Animals Dead [VIDEO]
- Beyonce’s mom spills daughter’s pregnancy secrets
- ENTERTAINMENT NEWS: Former “Saturday Night Live” Cast Member Admits Crack Addiction
- Outrageous Sex Crimes! 6 Pastors & 1 Rabbi Leader Arrested!
- Have Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga Split?
- Warrensville Heights shooting kills 1, injures 1
- The Female Orgasm is biologically important
- Serial Rapist Targeting Women of Delta Sigma Theta!
- Access Cleveland Podcast: The Cast of “The Bridge of No Return” (Full Interview)
- DID MATHEW TRY TO BUY A KID FOR HIS DAUGHTER?