Ms. Patti will be on the cover of JET magazine’s Nov. 21/28 issue hitting stands soon, and inside the diva — whose career has spanned five decades — discusses everything from cooking to kicking off her shoes in concert.
Here are a a few exepts from Bossip.com.
On her culinary beginnings:
I started out making hot sauce in my garage. My parents used to cook their faces off and I watched. I just put in garlic, cayenne pepper and ketchup. I was about 7. I was playing with cats and lightning bugs and making hot sauce. Everybody said the liked it so I had to believe them.
On the next steps for Patti’s brand:
I have bedding. I will be coming out with china and different things like that for Macy’s. I’m doing it, boo. I love decorating as well as I do cooking and singing. That was a natural.
On kicking off her shoes on her current tour:
We’re in venues that hold maybe 5,000 people. Most of the time, we’re sold out. You can expect a great show. I go out there, look at the audience and I freestyle. It makes me feel great. I’m still kicking my stilettos off.
Alright Ms. Patti! A true diva in every way. Will you be picking up this issue of JET?
Most Popular Articles
- DAYS BEFORE WEDDING & BABY.. COUPLE LEARNS THEY ARE “BROTHER & SISTER”
- The Real Reason Andre 3000 Wasn’t in Beyonce’s “Party” Video…
- Vivica A. Fox’s Ex-Fiance Slimm Speaks: “I Hate Drama, I Had To Walk Away”
- LOCAL NEWS: Family Gets Letter From Dead Mother
- SMH! Gayle King Spotted Holding Hands with a MARRIED MAN! Guess Who…
- Dr. Conrad Murray Found Guilty
- RIP: Hip Hop Legend Heavy D Has Died at 44!
- LOCAL NEWS: Bomb Threat Shuts Down Orange High School