As her music reveals, Monica has been through it in terms of relationships. But when she met Lakers’ player Shannon Brown in June of 2010 while shooting her “Love All Over Me” video, her luck definitely changed. Life imitated art and the love interest in that video became the love interest of her life.
They dated, got engaged, and married all in less than six months. Theirs was a whirlwind romance, but definitely seems to be going strong nearly two years later.
During the Radio One Fest, Monica sat down with TT Torez of iPowerRichmond and talked about her love life.HelloBeautiful reports:
We met on the set of my video shoot “Love All Over Me,” reflects Monica.”That was the first time I had ever laid eyes on him, but I knew it wouldn’t be the last. It was instantaneous. He was very genuine. He’s so easy on the eyes. You kind of get over the outer appearance doing what I do after a while,” she continued.
“It doesn’t take that long in this business, you see how ugly people are on the inside, so with him is was really interesting I think to me that the first time we met he was talking about his grandmother.”
The “It All Belongs To Me” singer was wary of their connection at first. “I fought a lot of it because I was a single mom with two small boys so I was fighting it. I stated praying for confirmation,” she tells TT.
“Sometimes as a woman you have to be OK with not knowing all the answers. I started asking for confirmation and I enjoyed every second with him instead of thinking so much and try to map out how it should be. I sat back and let him be a man and let him lead him into what we are now.”
Well, that plan looks like it definitely worked out for her! She didn’t say what her “confirmation” was. Him proposing, maybe?
Of course, you can’t date someone in the league without encountering rumors, but these two seem to have weathered them pretty well. For those wanting an inside look at the love that started with just one look, Monica has already said there won’t be a “Monica and Shannon Brown” reality show, so keep dreaming. That’s good for them though cause we know that reality shows tend to destroy marriages. It looks like they’re in it for the long haul. via MADAME NOIRE!
- WZAK Stone Soul Picnic – Buy Your Tickets
- Missed The Essence Music Festival This Year? Check Out All The Highlights!
- Cosby Kid Coming Back To Prime Time!
- OMG! Usher’s Step Son Declared Brain Dead!
- Matthew Knowles Says Two New Destiny’s Child Reunion Albums And Tour Are On The Way
- Local Akron Woman Dies Hours After Meeting President Obama
- Heidi Who? Seal Looks Like He Has a New Boo
- George Zimmerman Release from Jail After Posting Bond!
- Donna Summer’s Daughters Reportedly Fighting Over Fortune
- Tyler Perry Says President Obama Made Him Stop Drinking
- Oprah Buys Family Business In Foreclosure, Why is Family Upset?