Oprah Winfrey revealed to the Hollywood Reporter that she got called the N-word for the first time when she agreed to guest star on Ellen DeGeneres’ eponymous ABC sitcom back in 1997.
The episode, in which Winfrey played a therapist, featured DeGeneres revealing her sexual orientation for the first time, a long-rumored plot twist that made for game-changing TV. DeGeneres did so off-screen as well, coming out publicly in a Time Magazine cover story titled, “Yep, I’m Gay,” and a sit-down interview on Winfrey’s since-ended talk show.
“I did it because she asked me to do it and I wanted to support her,” Winfrey told The Hollywood Reporter of her decision to be part of the “puppy episode read more at [blackamericaweb]
Get The Very Latest On Entertainment News … LIKE Us On Facebook!
- Breaking: 10 Reported Shot in front of Empire State Building
- Browns Preseason Opener, ‘NO Alcohol’… Signs At Municipal Parking Lot!
- Tom Joyner News: Chris Tucker talks ‘Friday’ rumors!
- Tom Joyner News: Oprah Called the N-word for Supporting Ellen DeGeneres
- Tom Joyner News: Al Roker Wages War Against the “Today” Show!