Oprah Winfrey‘s got female problems and paying the cost to be the boss.
The lady who owns OWN has to deal with a lawsuit because a former employee claims she was let go because she was pregnant.
Deadline says Carolyn Hommel, who was hired in 2010 as senior director of scheduling and acquisitions, filed a lawsuit Friday accusing the company of sex discrimination.
Hommel says that she was on track to become a vice president before she became pregnant. But while on medical leave to have her baby, she was replaced by a temporary employee. After she returned to work, Hommel says her duties were gradually given over to this employee and she began to be excluded from meetings.
In her suit, she claims her supervisor, Michael Garner, fabricated a review that made her appear “less ‘senior’ and therefore not a candidate for the new vice president position.” And then it happened. Just a month after giving birth, Hommel was fired in March 2012.
The suit brings charges of sex discrimination and disability discrimination against OWN, claiming that Hommel’s dismissal was a direct result of her pregnancy leave.
- Did He Go Too Far? Security Guard Tazes Unruly Mom In Front Of Her Small Children [VIDEO]
- Obama Shooting Photo Leaked
- Bobbi Kristina: Cissy Houston’s New Book Disrespectful To My Mother [DETAILS]
- Shocking: School Closing After Alleged S*x Between 5-Year-Olds [VIDEO]
- OMG! The Pastor That Refused To Pay 18% Tip Get Waitress Fired!