From “the end of the earth,” the Catholic Church found a surprising new leader Wednesday, a pioneer pope from Argentina who took the name Francis, a pastor rather than a manager to resurrect a church and faith in crisis. He is the first pontiff from the New World and the first non-European since the Middle Ages.
Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, the archbishop of Buenos Aires who has spent nearly his entire career in Argentina, was a fast and fitting choice for the most unpredictable papal succession – start to finish – in at least six centuries. Read on
- Beyonce Shares Secrets to a Fit Figure with ‘Shape’
- Tom Joyner News: Angel In The Sky?
- Tom Joyner News: Good Times’ feature film in the works!
- Tom Joyner News: 6th Grader Brings $20K to School, Hands Out Cash!
- Tom Joyner News: Ne-Yo Officially Sued By His Almost Baby Mama, Jesseca White!
- Tom Joyner News: Argentine Jorge Bergoglio Elected Pope Francis!