Another black man in charge!
Wendell E. Pritchett, the current chancellor of Rutgers University- Camden, has been named the interim dean of the University of Pennsylvania Law School for the 2014-2015 academic year.
As interim dean, he will not be a candidate for the permanent position, Penn said. A search for a new dean will begin later this spring.
Pritchett, also a member of the School Reform Commmission – the Philadelphia School District’s governing body, already had planned to return to Penn’s law faculty this summer, an announcement that was made in February. Pritchett was on the Penn law faculty from 2001 to 2009.
Pritchett graduated from Brown University in 1986 with a bachelor’s degree in political science, in 1991 he obtained his Juris Doctorate from Yale University, and in 1997 he got his doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania.
He is replacing Michael A. Fitts. Fitts is leaving the school to become president of Tulane University.
Brains Not Bribes: Black Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Schools
1. John Legend- University of Pennsylvania1 of 8
2. Sanaa Lathan- Yale University2 of 8
3. Courtney B. Vance- Yale UniversitySource:Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP 3 of 8
4. Rashida Jones- Harvard UniversitySource:Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP 4 of 8
5. Angela Bassett- Yale UniversitySource:Arnold Turner/Invision/AP 5 of 8
6. Shonda Rhimes- DartmouthSource:Evan Agostini/Invision/AP 6 of 8
7. Lupita N'yongo- Yale University7 of 8
8. Tracee Ellis Ross- Brown University8 of 8
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information visit here.
Wendell E. Pritchett Named Interim Dean of Penn Law School was originally published on blackamericaweb.com