Men say do one or all of these things to get their attention… and then keep them calling you for date after date.
1. She’s Funny. One of the easiest (and surprisingly least-practiced) methods of convincing us we made the right choice in talking to you is when you respond to our jokes instead of simply laughing at them. If you’re heehawing at our wisecracks, wonderful—just make sure you don’t leave a dead silence at the end of each one or we’re going to think you’re expecting a stand-up routine. We want a woman who’s our conversation partner—not just an adoring fan.
2. She’s Somewhere Between Aloof And Instantly In Love. As the law of supply and demand goes, we want to crave your attention before we get it. Once we have it, though, it’s nice to be reminded that you only have eyes for us.
3. She’s Fashionable—But Not Obsessively. If you spend most of your time and energy on clothes and shoes, we may suspect you are a bit superficial. Can we not sit around in our underwear once in a while if we’re feeling depressed? (OK, a very rare “once in a while,” fine.) We like a woman who minds her appearance but who also knows that being attractive is more about confidence than owning Manolos. Surprise: Men Primp As Much As Women Do
4. She’s Healthy—But Not Obsessively. Obviously men dig a woman with a kickin’ body, but not if it means she spends more time in the gym than she does with us. Likewise, we’ll forgive you for eating a salad on a first date but not every date for the rest of our lives. Remember, men like curves and women who can bench-press us are somewhat frightening.
5. She’s Down To Earth. The type of attention a drama queen demands from men is not the sort of genuine, will-love-you-forever attention women deserve. We like a woman who forgives the occasional stupid move. If we say the wrong thing in a casual conversation and it wasn’t racist or an otherwise idiotic remark, she remembers that, as humans, we are going to disagree with at least 25 percent of everything anybody says, and so, she lets it go.
6. She Resists Adding Us On Facebook. Where do you want this relationship to go? If you answer, “I’m not sure” or anything other than “to the friend zone with you!” then you should not be friending us on Facebook until it’s established that we are more than chummy. I recently had to unfriend two women I dated because they friended me before we ever went out and it didn’t work out with either. Don’t make us the bad guys.
7. She Returns Our Phone Calls. I know it seems like calling a woman is no big deal because we are grown men, but every time we dial a number for the first time, we are terrified that one of the following things will happen: a) you won’t remember us, b) we have to think of something witty to say on your voicemail. Unless we were total jerks to you (in which case you shouldn’t have given us your real number), call us back ASAP.
9. She Has Friends. Another one from TomFoolery: “While approaching a gaggle of gals is a little intimidating, dating the lone shewolf is even scarier. It’s nice to know that we can spend some guy time or alone time and not have someone lonely, disappointed and thinking of revenges for this slight. Plus maybe one of your friends will like one of our friends, and who doesn’t like people helping people? The downside is when your friends are jerks, jealous of our time or totally up in our couple business.”