Eating healthy doesn’t mean you can’t indulge still. Quinoa is the new trendy food that all the health buffs are itching to find ways to implement into their diets, and as protein and fiber rich as it is who wouldn’t be!
Did I mention it’s gluten free and offers a slew of antioxidants?
Try any of these quinoa desserts to please your mouth and your body!
1. Chocolate Cake
- ½ Cup butter (can substitute applesauce)
- ⅓ Cup coconut oil
- 1½ Cups sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ Cup milk
- 2 Cups quinoa flour
- ¾ Cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp non aluminum baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Real Salt
- 2 Cups blended zucchini
- ½ Cup sliced pecans
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9X13-inch pan with cold coconut oil and set aside.
- Mix cream together with the butter, oil and sugar
- Add the eggs and vanilla
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Add ⅓ of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix
- Add ½ of the milk and mix
- Add another ⅓ of the flour mixture and mix until combined
- Add the remaining milk and mix followed by the last of the dry ingredients and stir to combine
- Stir in the shredded zucchini
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan
- Sprinkle with the pecans and chocolate chips
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of everything.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs
- Let cool completely before serving
3 Desserts You Didn’t Know You Could Make With Quinoa was originally published on blackdoctor.org