One of the most dangerous viral challenges from the internet is back in the news as a 12-year-old from the State of Colorado has passed away after being hospitalized last month.
Joshua Haileyesus took part in what is known as the “blackout challenge,” resulting in trying to breathe when found on the bathroom. Attempts were made to keep him alive after being discovered by his twin brother “before first responders arrived at the home.”
Joshua’s family gave an update on their GoFundMe page saying the young man has “gone off to be with the Lord,” before adding they appreciate all of the support and prayers from others.
As for that online dare, here is what is known.
From WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland:
The “blackout challenge” has been around for years, daring participants to choke themselves to the point of passing out in order to gain a sense of euphoria.
The dangerous challenge, which also goes by the names “pass-out challenge,” “the game of choking,” or “speed dreaming,” is gaining popularity on TikTok.
It’s also getting a lot of warnings from others, including that of Joshua’s father, Haileyesus Zeryihun.
He said there’s “there’s no joke about choking” and that this deadly challenge is “not a game.”
Click here to read more.
Article Courtesy of KDVR-TV Denver and WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland
First Picture Courtesy of tolgart and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of PeterPencil and Getty Images
Prayers: Singer Will Downing Shared The Passing of His Daughter
Raphael Saadiq Teases 2023 Tony! Toni! Toné! Tour On IG
Ohio School District Approves 4-Day School Weeks
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Here's What You Should Know About the New, Deadly Fungus in Ohio
Police Identify Man Found Dead Under West 25th Street Bridge in Cleveland
BMF Fans Surprised By Yung Miami’s & Big Meech’s Appearance