According to NBC4i, The Ohio Department of Health on Thursday reported 17,891 new COVID-19 cases, further increasing the rate of infections on the rise through December.
The heightened case rate carrying through the middle of December is still a smaller case rate than the last two years’ holiday seasons. ODH’s latest coronavirus report was a bump of more than 1,000 compared to the past three, more consistent weeks. Ohio saw 16,719 new cases in the week prior, along with 16,061 and 16,091 cases in the two weeks before that.
ODH began reporting COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, deaths and vaccinations weekly instead of daily in mid-March after new infections slowed to a low level after the omicron wave.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Don’t Miss A Moment Of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- A Self-Care Guide For Black History Month
- Beyoncè Announces 2023 Renaissance World Tour
- WZAK’s 2023 Cutest Couple Contest!
- Moore Counseling: Stephanie Lukes
- Urban One Inc. Announces Launch of The Urban One Podcast Network
- A Brief History Of Club And House Music
- Fans Are Swooning Over Eric Kofi-Abrefa And We Can’t Blame Them!
- Urban One Launches Podcast Network For BIPOC Audiences
- Big Up / Let Down: Black Photogs Get A Disney Doll Deal + Kenya Barris’ N-Word Hot Take
- Ed Reed Claims BCU Player Was Suspended After Spotlighting Concerns About Resources