Tyler Perry is having conversations with Paramount Global about the purchase of a majority stake in BET Media Group.
Perry, 53, already owns a minority stake in the company. He has a long history with both BET and Paramount, which could help with the purchasing process should the two sides decide to move forward. Both companies have played significant roles in Perry’s entertainment career, with BET helping to fund Perry’s ‘Diary of a Mad Black Woman’ nearly 20 years ago.
Paramount, like most TV entertainment companies, has been making a lot of moves lately. If they move forward with Perry it could help in their desire to continue the rebrand of Paramount + and Pluto TV, the ad-supported streaming service that also falls within the Paramount umbrella.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Earlier this year, Paramount announced it would be rebranding both Showtime’s linear and streaming platforms as Paramount+ With Showtime, folding the iconic brand into its priority streamer Paramount+. The move has already led to significant leadership changes and layoffs across the company.
Representatives for Paramount Global and Perry did not immediately respond to request for comment.
To finish the report from Variety, [click here].
- 1974: Stevie Wonder Makes History… Again | Black Music Month
- Chilli Reveals How Her And Usher’s Relationship Finally Ended
- Chloë Bailey Serves Face And Body In Latest Instagram Photos
- Niecy Nash Slays In A Red Greta Constantine Gown
- Review: ‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Is A Solid Addition To The Black Superhero Canon
- The Blackest News Stories Of The Week: Judge Joe Brown, Citi Bike Karen, Donda Academy And More
- 1973: The Birth of Hip-Hop | Black Music Month
- Naomi Osaka Reveals She’s Expecting A Baby Girl During Princess-Themed Shower
- Condolences Pour In For Jacky Oh After News Of Her Sudden Death Sends Shockwaves Across Social Media
- EXCLUSIVE: LaToya Tonodeo Reveals Her Favorite Spicy Diana Moment, Punching Mary J. Blige, Salim Being “Corny” & The Leaks & More
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Offset Exposes Cardi B’s Buns via Instagram Story
Prayers: Singer Will Downing Shared The Passing of His Daughter
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Ashanti Gave Nelly All Body On Stage In Vegas
Who Is Andrew Bankhead? Ex-Mississippi Cop Who Shot Teen ‘In The Back’ Over Daughter
2 Alligators Spotted Loose in Ohio, 1 Still Missing
Tina Turner Photos Through The Years: A Legacy Never Forgotten